Voice Your Concerns Choose the most effective method for you from the list below. Some of us are fluent speakers while others have writing skills. Everyone’s opinion is valuable; use your voice where it is most effective. Often one person’s courage to take action in a new way inspires others to do the same.
Bring up-to-date information to your family, neighbors and friends about the coal-burning smelter. Remember…
- You don’t have to be an expert or know all the details just – refer people to this website or the CANSS Face Book page.
- Attend our Public Awareness Meetings held the third Wednesday of each month at the Oldtown Rotary Building where you can pick up informative handouts as you hear the latest updates. (Suspended during Covid-19…please check back for further updates).
- Join our Facebook page.
- Sign up to receive our monthly newsletter at canss.org.
Write a letter to the Editors of our local newspapers. Below are some helpful points to form your letter.
- Focus on one topic.
- Introduce the topic in the first sentence in the letter.
- Use only verifiable facts.
- State points clearly, yet succinctly.
- Have someone proofread your letter before sending it.
- Contact the publication to learn the best way submit your letter. Email, delivery in person, or USPS.
- Be certain to include your contact information. The paper might want to verify your identity.
- If you and a friend or family member share the same opinion, include their name with the letter – with their permission, of course.
Newport Miner: 509.447.2433
Selkirk Sun: 844.543.1786
Priest River Beacon: 208.448.1949
Bonner County Daily Bee: 208.448.1949
Spokesman Review: 509.459.5000