Put pressure on our elected representatives to represent our community’s true interests. Call, write, and e-mail your representatives. Use the directory to find the most appropriate representatives to contact.
Pend Oreille County Commissioners
PO Box 5025, Newport, WA 99156-5025
Karen Skoog, Chair
Steve Kiss, Vice-Chair
Regional Outreach Representative for Governor Inslee
State of Washington Department of Ecology
Eastern Regional Office
Grant Pfeiffer, Director
4601 N Monroe
Spokane, WA 99205-1295
For update information regarding permits:
SEPA HiTest (PacWest) Project Specific Questions:
Meg Bommarito, [email protected]
Attorney General’s Office Open Government Ombudsman
Helping Washington Citizens and Government Agencies with Public Records Act and Open Public Meetings Act Compliance
Assistant Attorney General for Open Government
Washington State 7th Legislative District
Shelly Short, Senator
P.O. Box 40407
Olympia, Washington 98504-0407
10 N. Post St. Ste. 625
Spokane, WA 99201
Pend Oreille County PUD
F. Colin Willenbrock, General Manager
Main Line , North County: 509-447-3137
South County: 509-242-3137
PO Box 190
130 N Washington, Newport, Washington 99156
Pend Oreille River Tourism Alliance – PORTA
P.O. Box 1182, Newport, WA 99156
Port of Pend Oreille Commissioners
C. L. “Butch” Otter, Governor
Office of the Governor
PO Box 83720, Boise, ID 83720
Shelby Rognstad, Mayor
1123 Lake St, Sandpoint, ID 83864
Bonner County Commissioners
1500 Hwy 2, Suite 308, Sandpoint, ID 83864
Jayson Tymko, President
John Carlson, Vice President
- When you call, mention your name whether you are responding to a person or to an answering machine.
- Have your questions and comments written on notes and have them in front of you.
- Be prepared to speak to an assistant and not directly to the person you called. Present your information in a way that it is easy for that person to relay the message to the commissioner, legislator, or official.
- Ask for further explanations if you are unclear about the responses you receive.
- If unable to speak with the person you are calling, ask what a good time would be to call again.
- Be sure to show your appreciation by saying, “thank you”. Those two words might help you if you call again.